The company MediaTek announced a new single-chip system – Helio P70. As expected, it has become an improved version of the predecessor in the face of Helio P60, but there are no fundamental differences – the new product is only slightly more productive and more economical.
Like the Helio P60, the new chipset is being created using a 12-nanometer process technology. However, MediaTek increased the frequency of Cortex – A73 cores from 2 GHz to 2.1 GHz. The low-power Cortex – A53 cores still operate at 2 GHz. The same Mali-G72 MP3 acts as a video accelerator. True, the frequency of the graphics processor has increased from 800 MHz to 900 MHz.
The novelty is not very different from its predecessor, which is confirmed in practice: according to official statements, Helio P70 is more productive than Helio P60 by an average of 13%. However, thanks to the improved EAS + (Energy Aware Scheduling) technology, in “popular” games (apparently, the manufacturer had in mind applications optimized for Mali video accelerators), the new processor consumes 35% less energy and heats by 4.5 ° C less. Among other things, the Helio P70 better processes the data associated with artificial intelligence by 10–13%.
The technical characteristics of MediaTek Helio P70 are:
- Productive cores: Cortex – A73, 4 × 2.1 GHz.
- Energy efficient cores: Cortex – A53, 4 × 2 GHz.
- Supported memory types: 1 × LPDDR3 (933 MHz), 2 × LPDDR4X (up to 1 800 MHz).
- Supported memory: up to 4 GB (LPDDR3) or up to 8 GB (LPDDR4x).
- Supported drives: eMMC 5.1, UFS 2.1.
- Supported Mobile Technologies: Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x / EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA +, 2×2 UL CA, TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE \ ViLTE \ WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71.
- LTE Category: Cat. 7 DL / Cat. 13 ul.
- Supported wireless technologies: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE.
- Supported satellite navigation systems: GLONASS, GPS, Galileo, Beidou.
- Supported camera resolutions: up to 32 Mp or up to 24 + 16 Mp.
- The maximum resolution of the processed video: 3840 × 2160 pixels.
Helio P70 is oriented for middle-class smartphones. It is expected that the first devices based on this chipset will announce until the end of 2018.
More News: Qualcomm makes fast charging even faster
Recall that in the past, MediaTek temporarily abandoned the development of flagship processors due to the dominance of Qualcomm in this segment of single-chip systems for Android smartphones.
For more stuff visit our site techverses.com and discover what you want.